MS Access 2000 w/ PGSQL 8.0.x - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Timothy Reed
Subject MS Access 2000 w/ PGSQL 8.0.x
Date
List pgsql-odbc
I am having some issues when trying to query for booleans from Access
to Postgres 8.0.x.   If I change to use Bools as Chars then I am
unable to delete from a table with a boolean in it, as postgres cannot
convert from boolean to char.  If I do not use bools as chars then I
get  "cache lookup failed for function 0"

I have followed what the tech docs have recommended to do with adding
the new msaccessbool function and = operator
(http://techdocs.postgresql.org/v2/Guides/Using%20Microsoft%20Access%20with%20PostgreSQL/view#55)

But to no avail!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ODBC Driver settings:
Disable Genetic Optimizer: YES
KSQO: YES
Recognize Unique Indexes: YES
Declare/Fetch : NO
Parse Statements: NO
Cancel As FreeStmt: NO
Unknown Sizes: Max
Text as LongVarChar: YES
Unknows as LongVarChar: NO
Bools as Char : NO
Read Only: NO
Show System Tables: NO
LF <-> CR/LF: YES
Updatable Cursors: NO
bytea as LO: NO
Row Versioning: NO
Disallow Premature: NO
True as -1: YES
Server side prepare: NO

Table Stucture:
Column         Type
Employee ID     integer
First Name     text
Last Name     text
Clocker     boolean
Labor Type ID     bigint
PC Handle     text
On Payroll     boolean
Address 1     text
Address 2     text
City         text
State         text
Zip Code     text
Hire Date     timestamp without time zone
Pay Type     text
Status         text
Pay Rate Old     money
Social Security     text
Phone Number     text
Shift Start     text
Shift End     text
Sign Off     boolean
Hire Date Temp     timestamp without time zone
Stop Date Temp     timestamp without time zone
Stop Date     timestamp without time zone
Rehire Date     timestamp without time zone
Continuous Date     timestamp without time zone
Direct Labor     boolean
Agency         boolean
Active         boolean
Agency2     boolean
Payroll ID     bigint
EMail         text
ADP Employee ID     integer

SQL STATEMENT:

SELECT "public"."Employees"."Employee ID" FROM "public"."Employees"
WHERE NOT ("Active" = 0)  ORDER BY "public"."Employees"."Last Name"
,"public"."Employees"."First Name";

RESULT:
ERROR:  cache lookup failed for function 0

TIA,

--
--------
Timothy Reed

tareed@gmail.com

"I reject your reality, and substitue my own" - Adam Savage