Re: PostgreSQL Volume Question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Volume Question
Date
List pgsql-general
Data Ace schrieb am 15.06.2018 um 18:26:
> Well I think my question is somewhat away from my intention cause of
> my poor understanding and questioning :(
>
> Actually, I have 1TB data and have hardware spec enough to handle
> this amount of data, but the problem is that it needs too many join
> operations and the analysis process is going too slow right now.
>
> I've searched and found that graph model nicely fits for network data
> like social data in query performance.
>
> Should I change my DB (I mean my DB for analysis)? or do I need some
> other solutions or any extension?

AgensGraph is a Postgres fork implemententing a graph database supporting
Cypher as the query language while at the same time still supporting SQL
(and even queries mixing both)

I have never used it, but maybe it's worth a try.

http://bitnine.net/agensgraph/

Thomas