Re: Runaway postgres process? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From A B
Subject Re: Runaway postgres process?
Date
List pgsql-general
Well, it stoped. And in the log I can see:

LOGG:  statement: UPDATE VList SET updated=true WHERE id=985
LOGG:  duration: 1129993.209 ms

and a few lines below
(with queries in between)

LOGG:  statement: UPDATE VList SET updated=false WHERE id=985
LOGG:  duration: 0.400 ms

So, something was blocking the query, seriously!
Still interested in findingout how to detect what is going on.
There were other  processes, could it be a lock? I have not specified
any special transaction or so. I was calling from a PHP script (I
think).