Re: Question about "compound" queries. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Anton A. Melnikov
Subject Re: Question about "compound" queries.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thanks a lot for the reply and timely help!

On 25.10.2022 01:36, David G. Johnston wrote:

> I suspect they came about out of simplicity - being able to simply take a text file with a bunch of SQL commands in a
scriptand send them as-is to the server without any client-side parsing and let the server just deal with it.  It works
becausethe system needs to do those kinds of things anyway so, why not make it user-facing, even if most uses would
findits restrictions makes it undesirable to use.

> David J.

All the best,

--
Anton A. Melnikov