SPI_ERROR_CONNECT within pl/pgsql, PG 8.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marek Lewczuk
Subject SPI_ERROR_CONNECT within pl/pgsql, PG 8.4
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,
I have made an upgrade to PG 8.4 and following error was thrown during
execution of some pl/pgsql function:
ERROR:  XX000: SPI_connect failed: SPI_ERROR_CONNECT
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "price_aftertrigger" line 30 at IF
        SQL statement "update price set validFrom =  $1 , validTo =
$2  where id =  $3 [ $4 ][1]::Integer"
        PL/pgSQL function "price_rebuildpricelistvalidity" line 54 at
SQL statement
        SQL statement "SELECT  price_rebuildPriceListValidity( $1 )"
        PL/pgSQL function "price_aftertrigger" line 54 at PERFORM
LOCATION:  plpgsql_call_handler, pl_handler.c:77

As I said it was thrown within PG8.4, but when it was executed within
PG8.3.5 there were no problems at all. Second execution of same
statement didn't throw an error too. Can anyone explain what it means.

Best regards,
ML