Re: Contributing test cases to improve coverage - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Contributing test cases to improve coverage
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 12.06.24 18:44, J F wrote:
> (a) The regression test suite is run by a parallel scheduler, with some
> test cases dependent on previous test cases. If I just add my test case
> as part of the parallel scheduler’s tests, it might not work, since
> previous test cases in the scheduler might already create the same
> table, for instance.

Yes, you need to take care of that somehow.  Some test files put all
their test objects in a schema.  Others are careful to drop all test
objects at the end.  Or you just have to pick non-conflicting names.

> (b) How do I get my test cases reviewed and ultimately included in a
> future release of PostgreSQL?

Perhaps start with

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Development_information

and in particular