can stored procedures with computational sql queries improve API performance? - Mailing list pgsql-general

Hello.

I have a straight forward question, but I am just trying to analyze the
specifics.

So I have a set of queries depending on each other in a sequence to
compute some results for generating financial report.

It involves summing up some amounts from tuns or of rows and also on
certain conditions it categorizes the amounts into types (aka Debit
Balance, Credit balance etc).

There are at least 6 queries in this sequence and apart from 4 input
parameters. these queries never change.

So will I get any performance benefit by having them in a stored
procedure rather than sending the queries from my Python based API?

Regards.