Re: [HACKERS] expanding inheritance in partition bound order - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: [HACKERS] expanding inheritance in partition bound order
Date
Re: [HACKERS] expanding inheritance in partition bound order  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2017/09/11 18:56, Amit Langote wrote:
> Attached updated patch does it that way for both partitioned table indexes
> and leaf partition indexes.  Thanks for pointing it out.

It seems to me we don't really need the first patch all that much.  That
is, let's keep PartitionDispatchData the way it is for now, since we don't
really have any need for it beside tuple-routing (EIBO as committed didn't
need it for one).  So, let's forget about "decoupling
RelationGetPartitionDispatchInfo() from the executor" thing for now and
move on.

So, attached is just the patch to make RelationGetPartitionDispatchInfo()
traverse the partition tree in depth-first manner to be applied on HEAD.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Amit