Re: Any objections to implementing LogicalDecodeMessageCB for pgoutput? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira
Subject Re: Any objections to implementing LogicalDecodeMessageCB for pgoutput?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 1, 2021, at 7:19 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
Your ideas/suggestions look good to me. Don't we need to provide a
read function corresponding to logicalrep_write_message? We have it
for other write functions. Can you please combine all of your changes
into one patch?
Thanks for taking a look at this patch. I didn't consider a
logicalrep_read_message function because the protocol doesn't support it yet.

/*
* Logical replication does not use generic logical messages yet.
* Although, it could be used by other applications that use this
* output plugin.
*/

Someone that is inspecting the code in the future could possibly check this
discussion to understand why this function isn't available.

This new patch set version has 2 patches that is because there are 2 separate
changes: parse_output_parameters() refactor and logical decoding message
support.

--
Euler Taveira

Attachment