Re: create view - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Ron
Subject Re: create view
Date
List pgsql-admin
On 9/17/19 1:13 PM, Pepe TD Vo wrote:
Hello experts,

I need to create view from schema's tables and when I run I get an error:

CREATE or REPLACE view "ECISDRDM"."BENE_VW" (
receipt_number,
service_center,
[snip]
ERROR:  column ap.application_id does not exist
LINE 50: INNER JOIN "ECISDRDM"."BNFT_CURR_FACT" bcf ON (ap.applicatio...
                                                        ^
SQL state: 42703
Character: 864

[snip]
I do a simple select query of application_cdim table, the result is fine:

Select *
FROM  "ECISDRDM"."APPLICATION_CDIM" ap

When you have a weird error on a long or statement, simplify, simplify, simplify.

Make a simple test view that's just on "ECISDRDM"."APPLICATION_CDIM".  Then make another test view that's just a join between those two tables.  Simplify everything as much as possible be only selecting a few columns, etc.

That might show where your error is.