Re: [pgsql-www] Further UTF8/MIME fixes for the commitfest app - Mailing list pgsql-www

From ilmari@ilmari.org (Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker)
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] Further UTF8/MIME fixes for the commitfest app
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi again,

ilmari@ilmari.org (Dagfinn Ilmari Manns�ker) writes:

> #2 MIME-decodes headers received from the mailing list archive JSON API
[ ]
> Note that the MIME decoding only works properly if running under Python
> 3; the Python 2 version of email.header.decode_header() has broken
> detection of the end of encoded-words.

I just noticed that the mailing list archive suffers from the same
problem, and not for all MIME-encoded headers, only the ones affected by
the above bug. Switching load_message.py to using Python 3 (and running
reparse_message.py) might be enough to fix it.

Cheers,

ilmari

--
- Twitter seems more influential [than blogs] in the 'gets reported in the mainstream press' sense at least.
  - Matt McLeod

- That'd be because the content of a tweet is easier to condense down to a mainstream media article.
 - Calle Dybedahl