PostgreSQL Buildfarm Client Release 8 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject PostgreSQL Buildfarm Client Release 8
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I have just release version 8 of the PostgreSQL Buildfarm client

It can be downloaded from
<https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/downloads/releases/build-farm-8.tgz>
or <https://github.com/PGBuildFarm/client-code/archive/REL_8.tar.gz>

This release contains a number of small changes to make using the
--from-source feature a bit nicer. It also contains a good deal of code
cleanup to be perlcritic clean, with some exceptions, down to severity
level 3, and also to remove some out of date code that referred to
Postgresql branches we no longer support.

It also contains the following features:

  * --tests and --schedule now apply to the check step as well as the
    installcheck step
  * a new --delay-check switch delays the check step until after
    install. This helps work around a bug or lack of capacity w.r.t.
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH on Alpine Linux
  * if the environment value BFLIB exists it is added to the perl search
    path. That means it is possible to install the top level scripts
    separately from the support modules.

Enjoy

andrew