Re: help with function .. .. date data type - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From John DeSoi
Subject Re: help with function .. .. date data type
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Jun 19, 2005, at 11:39 PM, ed wrote:

> set datestyle to ""US, SQL"";

You have two double quotes here where you need to have single quotes:

set datestyle to ''US, SQL'';

After you fix this, I think you'll run into a few more problems. You
have your function as returning a date, but it looks like you are
trying to return a set of rows. Here is some documentation with
examples:

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/SetReturningFunctions

Documentation note: I can't find this information in the current
documentation. The index entry for "Set Returning Functions" gives this
link:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/functions-srf.html

which seems far less helpful. Have I missed it?

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL