Re: list of extended statistics on psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: list of extended statistics on psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/17/21 2:41 AM, Shinoda, Noriyoshi (PN Japan FSIP) wrote:
> Hi, hackers.
>
> I tested this committed feature.
> It doesn't seem to be available to non-superusers due to the inability to access pg_statistics_ext_data.
> Is this the expected behavior?

Hmmm, that's a good point. Bummer we haven't noticed that earlier.

I wonder what the right fix should be - presumably we could do something
like pg_stats_ext (we can't use that view directly, because it formats
the data, so the sizes are different).

But should it list just the stats the user has access to, or should it
list everything and leave the inaccessible fields NULL?

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company