Re: Connection string - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Harpreet Dhaliwal
Subject Re: Connection string
Date
List pgsql-general
What kind of patch are you talking about?

On 8/11/06, Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 06:09:16PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 07:01:55AM -0600, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> > The ECPG "Connecting to the Database Server" documentation does
> > have an example for Unix sockets with quotes:
> >
> >  EXEC SQL CONNECT TO 'unix:postgresql://sql.mydomain.com/mydb' AS myconnection USER john;
> >
> > Should that be changed?  It's wrong on two counts as far as
>
> I think so yes.

Will you take care of it or should I submit a patch?  I've noticed
a few other discrepancies between the documentation and actual
behavior, like examples with "VARCHAR val;" that the preprocessor
rejects with "ERROR: pointer to varchar are not implemented."

--
Michael Fuhr

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend