Re: Connection string - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Harpreet Dhaliwal
Subject Re: Connection string
Date
List pgsql-general
LOl..that ';' is quite obvious. Though i forgot to include that in the mail.
Sorry about that.
Also, do u think that while starting the postgresql server using 'pg_ctl start', there is some -i option that needs to be included with it so that the DB server accepts tcp connections?
One of the guys in the postgres community was talking about it. don't know how true is that because there's no such option like that for pg_ctl start in the postgres manual.
Can you please comment on that?
~Harpreet.

On 8/11/06, Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 11:57:14AM -0400, Harpreet Dhaliwal wrote:
> This is a simple code snippet that i've written to check if i can connect to
> the postgres database server residing at IP 192.168.0.123. DB name is xyz
> Also, user account jsb has the access to the database xyz.
> #include <stdio.h>
>
> EXEC SQL INCLUDE sqlca

I take it you did not copy the file verbatim because this seem to lack
the ';'.

>     EXEC SQL CONNECT TO  'tcp:postgresql://192.168.0.123/xyz' USER jsb

The correct syntax would be:

EXEC SQL CONNECT TO  tcp:postgresql://192.168.0.123/xyz USER jsb;

This should work at least it does for me. :-)

Michael

--
Michael Meskes