Re: server closed connection on a select query - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: server closed connection on a select query
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Sorry for this late answer. I tried a lot of things and it still doesn't work.

2005/11/11, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 11:53:04PM +0100, Guillaume LELARGE wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've installed a 8.1.0 PostgreSQL server on a SCO OpenServer 5.0.6. It
> > seemed to work well with psql and such tools. I tried to connect to
> > this server with pgAdmin3 and a query failed. I tried to find which
> > part of the query was wrong and I have a strange result :
> >
> > SELECT 1 FROM pg_language WHERE lanispl IS TRUE;
> > this one crashes the server.
> >
> > SELECT 1 FROM pg_language WHERE lanispl = true;
> > works.
>
> Does this pass regression testing (ie make check)? It looks like it's
> dying all over the please. Posting a backtrace (bt in gdb) would be
> more helpful.

Some tests failed.. strangely, it seems int4 and int8 share the same
range. I didn't go further on this because I don't think this will
resolve my real issue.

See my next answer to Larry for more informations.

--
Guillaume.