Re: Abnormal Growth of Index Size - Index Size 3x large than tablesize. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Abnormal Growth of Index Size - Index Size 3x large than tablesize.
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/7/20 6:34 AM, Ashish Chugh wrote:
> Hi Ravi,
>
> Thanks for your reply. One more query from our side.
>
> To improve performance and release index space from database, We are
> running FULL Vacuum on monthly basis.

As I recently learned:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1392022649.706483.1587523402642%40mail.yahoo.com

To release index space index without a FULL vacuum you need to REINDEX.
Look at the message above for more information.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com