java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.postgresql.copy.CopyManager.copyIn(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/io/InputStream;)J - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From John Abraham
Subject java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.postgresql.copy.CopyManager.copyIn(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/io/InputStream;)J
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hmm this is strange.  I compile against postgresql-8.4-701.jdbc4.jar
and call the method copyIn

            CopyManager copyManager = new CopyManager((BaseConnection)
conn);
            FileInputStream devEventStream = new
FileInputStream(logFileNameAndPath);
            copyManager.copyIn("copy development_events from stdin CSV
HEADER", devEventStream);

and it all compiles nicely, but when I try to run it I get

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.postgresql.copy.CopyManager.copyIn(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/io/
InputStream;)J

In my experience, usually a NoSuchMethodError means that I'm running
against a different .jar file then the one I compiled against.  So I
ran it within eclipse, and got the same error.