Re: patch to allow disable of WAL recycling - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: patch to allow disable of WAL recycling
Date
Re: patch to allow disable of WAL recycling  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 19/07/2018 05:59, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> My result is that we cannot disable recycling perfectly just by
> setting min/max_wal_size.

Maybe the behavior of min_wal_size should be rethought?  Elsewhere in
this thread, there was also a complaint that max_wal_size isn't actually
a max.  It seems like there might be some interest in making these
settings more accurate.

I mean, what is the point of the min_wal_size setting if not controlling
this very thing?