Re: Oracle date type compat. functions: next_day, last_day, - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Ron Mayer
Subject Re: Oracle date type compat. functions: next_day, last_day,
Date
List pgsql-patches
David Fetter wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 05:41:46PM +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>>My next patch is implementation least and greatest functions. If
>>will  possible I prefere contrib for it, but it's inpossible. ...
>
> BTW, the thing about least() and greatest() (basically the row-wise
> versions of min() and max()) has come up before, and they would be
> quite handy :)

At least for integers, I think I've done something similar using
the intarray contrib; like this...

   select (sort_desc(array[1,2,3])) [1]; -- for greatest
   select (sort(array[2,1,3])) [1];      -- for least

(if I understand right what the greatest function does
in O*). For other types something similar should work,
but I guess the sort function would need to be written.