Re: Simplify Win32 Signaling code - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Qingqing Zhou
Subject Re: Simplify Win32 Signaling code
Date
List pgsql-patches
In thread:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers-win32/2004-11/msg00010.php
---
>Do we actually need to pass the handle, or could the subprocess reopen
>the pipe for itself?

Nope, we need to pass the handle. Only one process can be the
server-side of the pipe, and once the postmaster has opened it, the
child process can't do it - the only way to get it is through
inheritance.
---

In current implementation, we can reopen it, but the problem is that when
postmaster should close those three (shmem, mutex, event) handles? So the
best way is still "Postmaster create them, duplicate these handles in
BackendParameters and the child inheritates them". Do I got your meaning?

Regards,
Qingqing