Re: pgsql: Reference test binary using TESTDIR in 001_libpq_pipeline.pl. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pgsql: Reference test binary using TESTDIR in 001_libpq_pipeline.pl.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 10/20/21 3:09 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2021-10-20 14:30:49 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> On 10/20/21 12:31 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
>>> ISTM that we should just make the "test invocation framework" responsible to
>>> put the relevant directory onto PATH? I.e. Makefile.global should add the
>>> build directory of the test to PATH, and vcregress.pl should put the relevant
>>> $configuration/$project/ directory there?
>> Like this? That seems reasonable.
> Yea, that's along the lines of what I was thinking...

OK, it turns out that it's better to put the addition at the end of the
PATH, otherise initdb complains that it can't find postgres in the same
directory.

This patch has been tested on Linux but not yet on Windows/MSVC,
although I have little doubt it will work there too.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan