Re: Out Of Memory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Out Of Memory
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7/19/22 9:56 AM, ghoostinger@mail.com wrote:

Please reply to list also.
Ccing list

>  > 1) Detail how you are doing migration
>     1 - I'm Using Tool OpenUpgrade OCA
>     2 - Creation new db and restore my db on it (36GB and Some table 5m+ rows)
>     3 - Execution Script Sql to unistall Unwanted Modules
>     4 - Switching to v12.0
>         -> gitrecupdate 12.0
>     5 - Execute Shell to Unistall unwanted Modules
>         -> echo "self.env['base.module.upgrade'].upgrade_module()" | ./odoo/odoo-bin shell --config ./odoo12.conf -d
bt--stop-after-init

>     6 - Switching to 13.0 & Execute OpenUpgrade
>         -> gitrecupdate 13.0
>         -> ./OCA/OpenUpgrade/odoo-bin --config ./openupgrade13.conf -d bt -u all --stop-after-init
>     7 - Switching to 14.0
>         -> gitrecupdate 14.0
>         -> ./odoo/odoo-bin --config ./odoo14.conf -d bt -u all --stop-after-init

I would read:

https://oca.github.io/OpenUpgrade/after_migration.html

I have to believe doing serial migrations with no clean up is going to
eat up space where you have database of size 36GB and ram of 30GB and
disk size of 100GB.

> 2) Are you doing this on the same machine?
>     - Yeah, i did it on AWS Server
> 3) OS and version
>     - Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
>

> 4) Hardware specifications for machine e.g. memory, disk space, etc.
>     - Amazon AWS
>     - Instance Type: r6gd.xlarge
>     - OS: Ubuntu
>     - RAM: 30GB, Disk Space: 100GB
>

>     Note: It works till Migration to 13.0 , Stock account Migration

> On 19/07/2022 at 3:00 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
>> On 7/19/22 06:16, ghoostinger@mail.com wrote:
>>> Hello, I’m using Odoo Erp v12 Community and i want migrate to v14 and i have tablea content more 5m rows and after
8hrof execution it sho msg “out of memory” so i need your help

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com