errors when there is a bit literal in ecpg - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Wang, Shenhao
Subject errors when there is a bit literal in ecpg
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi, hacker

I met an error as below when I use ecpg

a.pgc:5: ERROR: invalid bit string literal
a.pgc:5: ERROR: internal error: unreachable state; please report this to <pgsql-bugs@lists.postgresql.org>

the test source is attached.

After investigating the code, I think the process of pgc.l is:
Step 1:  <SQL>{xbstart},  addlitchar('b') is called, literalbuf contains a char 'b';
Step 2:  <xb>{xbinside},   the rest of char is added in literalbuf
Step 3:   <xqs>{other},    the    condition literalbuf[strspn(literalbuf, "01") + 1] != '\0'   will always be true;
error is occurred here

I try to fix this bug by deleting 'addlitchar('b');' from source I also add a test case to test all const str in ecpg.

The patch is also attached.

Best regards, Shenhao Wang

Attachment