pushdown of joinquals beyond group by/distinct on - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Arne Roland
Subject pushdown of joinquals beyond group by/distinct on
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Hi,

can someone point out to me, why we don't consider pushdowns of the joinqual for these queries beyond the distinct on?

When the qual matches the distinct clause, it should be possible to generate both parametrized and non parametrized subplans for the same query. The same should hold true for aggregates, if the group by clause matches. Is there any specific reason we aren't doing that already?

Regards

Arne

Attachment