Re: RFC: Logging plan of the running query - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ekaterina Sokolova
Subject Re: RFC: Logging plan of the running query
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi!

You forgot my last fix to build correctly on Mac. I have added it.

About our discussion of pg_query_state:

torikoshia писал 2021-11-04 15:49:
>> I doubt that it was the right link.
> Sorry for make you confused, here is the link.
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BTgmobkpFV0UB67kzXuD36--OFHwz1bs%3DL_6PZbD4nxKqUQMw%40mail.gmail.com

Thank you. I'll see it soon.

> I imagined the following procedure.
> Does it cause dead lock in pg_query_state?
>
> - session1
> BEGIN; TRUNCATE t;
>
> - session2
> BEGIN; TRUNCATE t; -- wait
>
> - session1
> SELECT * FROM pg_query_state(<pid of session>); -- wait and dead
> locked?

As I know, pg_query_state use non-blocking read and write. I have wrote
few tests trying to deadlock it (on 14 version), but all finished
correctly.

Have a nice day. Please feel free to contact me if you need any further
information.

--
Ekaterina Sokolova
The Russian Postgres Company