Re: Bug fix for cache lookup failure for statistic_ext type - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: Bug fix for cache lookup failure for statistic_ext type
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 8/5/21 12:32 AM, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> On 8/5/21 12:03 AM, Mark Dilger wrote:
>> Hackers,
>>
>> You can easily get a cache lookup failure by changing the regression
>> tests as included in this small patch.  The failure looks thus:
>>
>> +COMMENT ON STATISTICS ab1_a_b_stats IS 'new comment';
>> +CREATE ROLE temp_role;
>> +SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION temp_role;
>> +COMMENT ON STATISTICS ab1_a_b_stats IS 'changed comment';
>> +ERROR:  cache lookup failed for type 27447
>> +DROP STATISTICS ab1_a_b_stats;
>> +ERROR:  cache lookup failed for type 27447
>> +ALTER STATISTICS ab1_a_b_stats RENAME TO ab1_a_b_stats_new;
>> +ERROR:  must be owner of statistics object ab1_a_b_stats
>> +RESET SESSION AUTHORIZATION;
>> +DROP ROLE temp_role;
>>
>> I believe this case simply has not had any test coverage, as I don't
>> see any way the current code would ever work.  It treats the Oid of the
>> statistics object as a type, which it is not.
>>

> Yeah, you're right - this is broken since 7b504eb282c. Thanks for the
> fix, I'll get it committed.

I've pushed a fix for this. And then a fix for the fix :-( because I
forgot about the rule that role names in regression tests should start
with regress_ prefix, so animals enforcing this failed.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company