Re: Tablespace column value null on select * from pg_tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Tablespace column value null on select * from pg_tables
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7/28/19 1:24 PM, Peter J. Holzer wrote:
> On 2019-07-16 19:20:24 +0000, Alex Williams wrote:
>> 1. postgres=# ALTER DATABASE mydatabase SET TABLESPACE pg_default;
>>
>> ERROR:  some relations of database "mydatabase" are already in tablespace "pg_default"
>>
>> HINT:  You must move them back to the database's default tablespace before using this command.
>
> What's the reason for this error? Wouldn't it be simpler to leave
> relations alone which are already in the correct tablespace?

~/src/backend/commands/dbcommands.c

  /*
* Check for existence of files in the target directory, i.e., objects of
* this database that are already in the target tablespace.  We can't
* allow the move in such a case, because we would need to change those
* relations' pg_class.reltablespace entries to zero, and we don't have
* access to the DB's pg_class to do so.
*/

--
Adrian Klaver