Re: [SPAM] Re: Streaming Replica Master-Salve Config. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Moreno Andreo
Subject Re: [SPAM] Re: Streaming Replica Master-Salve Config.
Date
List pgsql-general
Il 04/08/2016 18:15, Eduardo Morras ha scritto:
> [...]
> a) As others said, max_connections = 200 is too high. Set it at your number of cores (I use number of cores -1)
Excuse me for crossthreading, but I have to make things clearer to me.
That's one of the things I feel hard to understand how to approach in my
architecture.
My server has 350 DB with 350 users, everyone with its DB. Every user
has a "persistent" connection (used to replicate with rubyrep) and some
"burst" connections to connect to colleagues DB when necessary.
I'm going to split it across 2 servers, but it doesn't change things.
Even with pgbouncer, how can I manage having all these replication
connections (plus "burst" connections) with pgbouncer and a low (<100)
max_connections? Is it even possible?
Thanks
Moreno.