Re: How to best archetect Multi-Tenant SaaS application using Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: How to best archetect Multi-Tenant SaaS application using Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
On 8/1/2016 11:17 PM, Silk Parrot wrote:
> Yup, I also would like to go with 1, suppose a server with 16 core,
> 32GB memory, SSD box, how many connections could it handle roughly,
> e.g. O(100) or O(1000) or O(5000)?

thats  a fairly small server by today's standards, especially the 32GB
ram part.

with 16 cores, more than 16 concurrent CPU bound queries will degrade
each other.    idle connections don't use too much memory and no CPU,
but 1000s sounds like a bad idea.