PostgreSQL VS MongoDB: a use case comparison - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Fabio Pardi
Subject PostgreSQL VS MongoDB: a use case comparison
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi list,

For your consideration I'm submitting you a research I made together with my colleague Wouter.

We compared the 2 databases for our specific use case on medical data stored using FHIR standard.

This is indeed a very restrictive use case, and moreover under read only circumstances. We are aware of that.

We might consider in a near future to enlarge the scope of the research including read and write operations, more use cases, using partitioning, and/or scaling Mongo.

This has to be considered as a starting point and we would like to share our results aiming in constructive feedbacks and perhaps fix mistakes or inaccuracies you might find.

This is the link:

https://portavita.github.io/2018-10-31-blog_A_JSON_use_case_comparison_between_PostgreSQL_and_MongoDB/

We are open to any kind of feedback and we hope you enjoy the reading.

Regards,

Fabio Pardi and Wouter van
Teijlingen