Re: Opening view that uses a function - empty column - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Brady Mathis
Subject Re: Opening view that uses a function - empty column
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
I am actually using Jasper reports to access the view.  I created the data source and specified the following:

Driver:  org.postgresql.Driver
UID and PW

I made sure to update to postgresql-9.1-902.jdbc4.jar (PG version is 9.1.2)

Then I defined a query simply as:

select * from encounter;

I also tried the same query using a SquirrelSQL client (just to eliminate a problem in Jasper) and got the same result.
The column filled by the function is empty.

If I select * from encounter directly in postgres, the column is filled.

My apologies if I haven't included the implementation details that you need.

Thanks!