Re: Declarative partitioning grammar - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From NikhilS
Subject Re: Declarative partitioning grammar
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Jan 12, 2008 6:29 AM, Gavin Sherry <swm@alcove.com.au> wrote:

The syntax is half the problem, performance is the other. I will bring
the performance issues up in another thread. Yes, we are confident that
we can address the performance issues that rule out the existing
partitioning for many applications. We need it for our own stuff! :P

Agreed, syntax is just the sugar.
Also other than performance, how are updates involving partition keys causing the resultant tuple to end up in a new partition handled here?

Regards,
Nikhils
--
EnterpriseDB               http://www.enterprisedb.com