Re: CREATE TABLE LIKE INCLUDING INDEXES support - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From NikhilS
Subject Re: CREATE TABLE LIKE INCLUDING INDEXES support
Date
List pgsql-patches
Hi,

> Since this patch is going to consider creating unique/primary indexes
> assuming them to be constraints,

If it does that it will be rejected.  There is a difference here and
that difference has to be maintained.

The correct way to think about this is that a pg_constraint entry of
type "unique" or "primary key" has an associated index that is part of
its implementation (and therefore has an "internal" dependency on the
constraint).  But they are far from being the same thing.

Thanks Tom, I understand the difference now. I have a working patch and will send it to Neil for review tommorrow.

Regards,
Nikhils

--
EnterpriseDB               http://www.enterprisedb.com