Re: PrivateRefCount (for 8.3) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From NikhilS
Subject Re: PrivateRefCount (for 8.3)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

What is the opinion of the list as to the best way of measuring if the following implementation is ok?

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-01/msg00752.php

As mentioned in earlier mails, this will reduce the per-backend usage of memory by an amount which will be a fraction (single digit percentage) of (NBuffers * int) size . I have done pgbench/dbt2 runs and I do not see any negative impact because of this. Are there any other suggestions for measuring the backend memory footprint?

Regards,
Nikhils