Re: --enable-debug does not work with gcc - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From NikhilS
Subject Re: --enable-debug does not work with gcc
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Indeed it does, apologies for not doing the entire groundwork. But what it also does is that it adds -O2 by default for gcc even when --enable-debug is specified. gdb is not able to navigate the stack traces properly with this optimization in place. Especially tracing of static functions becomes difficult. Has this issue been faced by anybody else? If so can try out a patch to avoid using O2 with enable-debug.

Regards,
Nikhils

On 2/2/07, Gavin Sherry <swm@alcove.com.au> wrote:
On Fri, 2 Feb 2007, NikhilS wrote:

> Hi,
>
> configure with --enable-debug does not seem to add "-g" to CFLAGS while
> compiling with gcc. Guess we will need to change configure.in as below:

Erm... works for me and everyone else... AFAIK.

Thanks,

Gavin

--
EnterpriseDB               http://www.enterprisedb.com