Re: Optimze usage of immutable functions as relation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Anastasia Lubennikova
Subject Re: Optimze usage of immutable functions as relation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
23.07.2019 14:36, Anastasia Lubennikova :
> 08.07.2019 4:18, Thomas Munro:
>> The July Commitfest is here.  Could we please have a rebase of this
>> patch?
> Updated patch is in attachments.
> I've only resolved one small cosmetic merge conflict.
>
> Later this week I'm going to send a more thoughtful review.

Well, I looked through the patch and didn't find any issues, so I'll
mark this ready for committer.

Last implementation differs from the original one and is based on
suggestion from this message:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/2906.1542395026%40sss.pgh.pa.us

It does eval_const_expressions() earlier and pulls up only Const functions.

I also added a few more tests and comments.
New version is in attachments.

--
Anastasia Lubennikova
The Russian Postgres Company