Re: list of extended statistics on psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuro Yamada
Subject Re: list of extended statistics on psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Tomas and hackers,

On 2021/01/21 7:00, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>> I created patches and my test results on PG10, 11, 12, and 14 are fine.
>>
>>    0001:
>>      - Fix query to use pg_statistic_ext only
>>      - Replace statuses "required" and "built" with "defined"
>>      - Remove the size columns
>>      - Fix document
>>      - Add schema name as a filter condition on the query
>>
>>    0002:
>>      - Fix all results of \dX
>>      - Add new testcase by non-superuser
>>
>> Please find attached files. :-D
>
> Thanks, I've pushed this. I had to tweak the regression tests a bit, for two reasons:
>
> 1) to change user in regression tests, don't use \connect, but SET ROLE and RESET ROLE
>
> 2) roles in regression tests should use names with regress_ prefix

Thanks for reviewing many times and committing the feature!

I understood 1) and 2). I'll keep that in mind for the next developing patch.
Then, If possible, could you add Justin to the commit message as a reviewer?
Because I revised the document partly based on his comments.

Finally, As extended stats were more used, this feature becomes more useful.
I hope it helps DBA. :-D

Thanks,
Tatsuro Yamada