Re: Case-sensitivity of connection string parameters - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Case-sensitivity of connection string parameters
Date
Re: Case-sensitivity of connection string parameters  (Mateusz Loskot <mateusz@loskot.net>)
List pgsql-odbc
On 05/10/2016 06:52 AM, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> On 10 May 2016 at 15:26, Inoue, Hiroshi <h-inoue@dream.email.ne.jp> wrote:
>> On 2016/05/10 16:56, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>>>
>>> I use the psqlODBC 9.2.1 with unixODBC 2.2.14 on Ubuntu 14.04.
>>> Should I expect names of connection string parameters to be
>>> case-sensitive?
>>>
>>> For instance, if I try DSN-less connection with the following connection
>>> string passed to the ODBC API call SQLDriverConnect:
>>>
>>> "Driver={PostgreSQL
>>> ANSI};Server=127.0.0.1;Database=test;UID=test;PWD=test;"
>>>
>>> I get this error:
>>>
>>> [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default
>>> driver specified
>>

>> What rejects the connection is unixODBC driver manager not psqlodbc driver.
>> Newer version of unixODBC may allow "Driver=....".
>
> I see, though, confusingly, in the same environment unixODBC
> accepts  "Driver=" for MySQL connection.
> That is why I suspected psqlODBC.

So what does the MySQL connection look like in its entirety?

Also what are the *.ini file entries for the respective drivers?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com