Re: Re: WIP: Covering + unique indexes. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Steele
Subject Re: Re: WIP: Covering + unique indexes.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/26/18 6:10 AM, Alexander Korotkov wrote:

> So, as I get you're proposing to introduce INDEX_ALT_TID_MASK flag
> which would indicate that we're storing something special in the t_tid
> offset.  And that should help us not only for covering indexes, but also for
> further btree enhancements including suffix truncation.  What exactly do
> you propose to store into t_tid offset when INDEX_ALT_TID_MASK flag
> is set?  Is it number of attributes in this particular index tuple?

It appears that discussion and review of this patch is ongoing so it
should not be marked Ready for Committer.  I have changed it to Waiting
on Author since there are several pending reviews and at least one bug.

Regards,
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net