Re: verify_heapam for sequences? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: verify_heapam for sequences?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 26.08.21 21:02, Mark Dilger wrote:
> I understand that sequences are really just heap tables, and since we already test corrupted heap tables, we could
assumethat we already have sufficient coverage.  I'm not entirely comfortable with that, though, because future patch
authorswho modify how tables or sequences work are not necessarily going to think carefully about whether their
modificationsinvalidate that assumption.

Well, if we enabled verify_heapam to check sequences, and then someone
were to change the sequence storage, a test that currently reports no
corruption would probably report corruption then?