Re: [HACKERS] replace GrantObjectType with ObjectType - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] replace GrantObjectType with ObjectType
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 12/19/17 19:56, Michael Paquier wrote:
> -stringify_adefprivs_objtype(GrantObjectType objtype)
> +stringify_adefprivs_objtype(ObjectType objtype)
> [...]
> +        default:
> +            elog(ERROR, "unrecognized grant object type: %d", (int) objtype);
> +            return "???";                /* keep compiler quiet */
>      }
> -
> -    elog(ERROR, "unrecognized grant object type: %d", (int) objtype);
> -    return "???";                /* keep compiler quiet */
> Still this portion in 0001 is something that we try to avoid as much
> as possible, no? I would have thought that all object types should be
> listed directly so as nothing is missed in the future.

But we don't really know what such future GRANT commands would actually
look like.  What would the GRANT syntax corresponding to OBJECT_CAST or
OBJECT_STATISTIC_EXT be?  I think that's best filled in when we know.