Re: [HACKERS] Add support for tuple routing to foreign partitions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Add support for tuple routing to foreign partitions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2017/10/26 16:40, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> Other changes I made
> to the executor are: (1) currently, we set the RT index for the root
> partitioned table to ri_RangeTableIndex of partitions' ResultRelInfos,
> but the proposed EXPLAIN requires that the partition's
> ri_RangeTableIndex is set to the RT index for that partition's RTE, to
> show that partition info in the output.  So, I made that change.

One thing I forgot to mention is: that would be also required to call
BeginForeignModify, ExecForeignInsert, and EndForeignModify with the
partition's ResultRelInfo.

I updated docs in doc/src/sgml/ddl.sgml the same way as [1].  (I used
only the ddl.sgml change proposed by [1], not all the changes.)  I did
some cleanup as well.  Please find attached an updated version of the patch.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/b19a8e2b-e000-f592-3e0b-3e90ba0fa816%40lab.ntt.co.jp