Re: Current CVS parallel test lock - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Qingqing Zhou
Subject Re: Current CVS parallel test lock
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>
> Running latest cvs on freebsd gives me errors in test strings and test
> errors, and completely hangs at this point:

I got a similar problem and system hangs randomly(esp. in test strings) in
win32-mingw. The problem I found is in pgunlink(). There is a potential
deadloop in

while (unlink(path))
{  ...
}

However, if we wait long enough( I waited for 20 mins or so), the system
finally go on. I guess that's because of the hot-long-discussed "win32's
inability of removing file-in-use" problem(though FILE_SHARE_DELETE flag is
added). Shall we add a time-limit or something to handle this situation?