pg_depend query - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sim Zacks
Subject pg_depend query
Date
List pgsql-general
I am trying to write a query on the pg_depend table and it is confusing the
hell out of me. Hopefully someone could help.
I would like to know which views depend on another view.

When I try to drop a view it gives me a list of all the views that need to
be dropped in order for my view to be dropped/modified.
I would like to write a query to get that list, store all the dependent
views in an array, drop them all, change my view and then recreate all the
other ones.

I am spending way too much time going through and picking out the views
based on that list, dropping them and recreating them.

I will post my function to the list as soon as it is completed because I am
sure there are plenty of other people who would benefit from it, but I'm
having a very hard time getting started.

Thank You
Sim