Re: Increasing RAM for more than 4 Gb. using postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From William Yu
Subject Re: Increasing RAM for more than 4 Gb. using postgresql
Date
List pgsql-performance
I inferred this from reading up on the compressed vm project. It can be
higher or lower depending on what devices you have in your system --
however, I've read messages from kernel hackers saying Linux is very
aggressive in reserving memory space for devices because it must be
allocated at boottime.