Re: PostgreSQL 8 on windows very slow - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daniel Schuchardt
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 8 on windows very slow
Date
Re: PostgreSQL 8 on windows very slow
List pgsql-general
lol wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently testing several databases for an application written in
> Delphi 7. I use zeos lib to access PostreSQL8-RC1 on MS-Windows 2000
> SP4. PostrgreSQL is extremly slow, with a lot of disk access on INSERT
> request. Have-you seen this problem ? May be some parameters should be
> adjusted. What should I check ?
> Thanks

I think first you should use a newer RC. In the first RC there were some
probs...

With RC3 I don't have such probs. Sure If I compared Win and Linux PG
and ma results where that LINUX is about 3 times faster under high access.

Daniel