PSQLException instead of java.net.SocketException - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Nico
Subject PSQLException instead of java.net.SocketException
Date
Re: PSQLException instead of java.net.SocketException  (Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Each time I initiate my servlet, I get an exception. It is thrown when I
call the executeQuery method of a statement instance. He throws a
PSQLException. However, when I take a look at the stack trace, it appears to
be a java.net.SocketException was thrown. My best guess is the exception was
catched and a PSQLException was thrown in the catch block. I already have a
catch block for PSQLException which is designed to warn me for SQL syntax
errors, not socket exceptions. So I want to make an additional catch block
for a java.net.SocketException. However I don't know how. Can someone please
help me here?
Reason I want to do this: I can't solve sql syntax errors automatically, but
I can solve socketexceptions automatically by just refreshing the window on
the client side. However if someone can solve the cause in stead of the
catching exception, that's even better.
here is the exception:
An I/O error has occured while flushing the output - Exception:
java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
here is part of the stack trace:
java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
 at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:99)
 at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
 at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:66)
 at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:124)
 at org.postgresql.PG_Stream.flush(PG_Stream.java:352)
 at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.sendQuery(QueryExecutor.java:159)
 at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:70)
 at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.ExecSQL(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:505)
 at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc1Statement.java:320)
 at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:48)
 at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc1Statement.java:153)
 at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc1Statement.java:141)
 at menus.DBMenu.getQuery(DBMenu.java:705)
 at menus.DBMenu.Menupage(DBMenu.java:165)
 at menus.DBMenuShow.doGet(DBMenuShow.java:132)

Nico.