could not access file $libdir... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sim Zacks
Subject could not access file $libdir...
Date
List pgsql-general
I am using PG version 8.0 beta 1 and I have run into some problems.
I have 2 RedHat 8 servers running the same PG version, I built them both
from source, and I believe I used the same configure parameters.

I have a database on one of them and want to move it to the second one, but
it is not working.
When I created the database I wanted to use ISO_8859_8, but I am getting an
error when I access it using PGAdmin that says
Error: Could not access file "$libdir/utf8_and_iso8859": No such file or
directory.

I then tried to create the plpgsql language on the server using the
createlang function from the commandline and I got a similar error:
createlang: language installation failed: Error: could not access file
"$libdir/plpgsql": No such file or directory

I checked the lib directory and the both files plpgsql.so and
utf8_and_iso8859.so are there.
I got the language installed by using the -L option in the createlang
application call, but I do not see a similar method for the encoding.
Another interesting thing is that I installed plpythonu onto this server
using createlang and I did not have to use the -L option. I verified that by
checking my history log. The server has been rebooted since the plpythonu
language was added and I am wondering if the libdir environmental variable
was not reinitialized.

Any thoughts on this are appreciated.